Duh. Of course, you do! In case you missed it, I recently blogged about how I had scheduled a boudoir photography photo shoot and offered up tips. Now, I’m ready for the big reveal! Here are some of my boudoir photography photos.
Vintage Victoria’s Secret Vibes
First, let’s talk about my looks. I scored a gorgeous 1990s vintage Victoria’s Secret pajama shirt from The Attic Vintage Co here in Vegas. Now, this shirt is super special, mainly because I REMEMBER it from back then. My sister and I used to get Victoria’s Secret catalogs and covet just about everything in them.
Also, in the early 90s, I went through a mustard color fashion phase. Plus, I’m currently going through this evolution in my personal life where I am rediscovering the single woman I was before I married, which of course, occurred during the 1990s. So, at any rate, when I lucked out on finding this precious piece of pajama fashion, I knew it had to be featured in my boudoir photos.
I was even going for an old school Victoria’s Secret style of photography. My boudoir photographer, Stacie Frazier, of Haute Shots, did a great job, didn’t she?
“I love you, baby, but not like I love my guitar…”
Okay, so I am no Prince, but I am learning to play guitar (after a thousand years of trying). Truth be told, ain’t no man can come between me and my guitar. I feel like Stacie really captured my love affair with her.
Now, there are saucier, sexier, and more scandalous boudoir photos beyond these. But… they are far too spicy for public consumption. Those photos are for me, and a few select gentlemen, to enjoy. I even have three topless ones framed and featured in my boudoir. They arrived beautifully packaged in this box.
All in all, I’m super happy with my boudoir photo shoot experience. Here’s why I think it went really well for me:
- I hired the right photographer. Seriously, Stacie is the best. There is no point in hiring anyone else but Haute Shots. Not only did Stacie listen to my requests for a 1990s Victoria’s Secret vibe and incorporating my guitar, she also listened to my insecurities and placed me in all the right poses to camouflage my flaws or play up my assets. When you do hire her, here is my advice: LISTEN TO HER! Follow her instructions. She knows what she’s doing.
- I hired the right makeup artist. Stacie partners with Natasha Chamberlin. Like Stacie, Natasha listened to me. I told her I like earthy tones, wanted to glow, and absolutely had to use my Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored. It’s my best red. Natasha did a fantastic job, better than I expected. I kept the makeup on for the duration of the day and night. I hated when I had to take it off for bed.
- I booked a suite. Part of what makes your photos great is your background. Make sure it’s a nice one.
- I booked a staycation. Whether you’re in a relationship or flying solo, treat yourself to more than one night in the suite, please. You deserve it. Make your boudoir photo shoot more than a moment. Make it an experience.
- I had no inhibitions. Leave your prudish ways at the door and let your freak flag fly! From letting the girls run free, to posing all nude in a bathtub, to arching my back and parting my lips, I did it all. I know I come off as confident and such, but I have hesitations like any other human being. I shut off my inner critic, ignoring her each time she tried to pipe up during a pose. Whenever I felt uneasy, I just faced my fears and followed Stacie’s instructions. I am so glad I did.
- I made a playlist. I mean, music is magic! I had a bunch of songs queued and ready to go, keeping me motivated, inspired, and making it easier to shut out that inner critic who was trying to ruin my day.
- I had sex. Look, the whole point of a boudoir photography shoot is that you feel sexy, desirable, and beautiful. Having sex just helps to manifest that. The first night of my staycation, I couldn’t get a date to save my life. Luckily, my second night there, I had a great Bumble date with a handsome Spaniard who was also great in bed. Having sex after a boudoir photo shoot is easier when you’re coupled up, but if you’re single, well, I recommend getting online in advance and get to swiping, booty calling an ex, or going out for the night and finding some hot random guy to make your experience memorable. However, please text a few friends and/or relatives your whereabouts and who you’re with. We single women have to be safe!
Each evening and morning as I lay in bed, I look at the three topless photos I have of myself framed on my bedroom wall and am ever so grateful. Treating myself to this boudoir photo shoot experience and staycation is one of the sweetest things I have ever done for myself. At first, I wished I had done it sooner, maybe when I was younger and thinner. But, hell no! I am so glad I did it now at the age of 48. I did it when I needed it. I am beautiful, sexy, vivacious, lovely, playful, fun-loving, desirable, and completely in love with myself.
And now, I have something I can keep forever to remind me of that.