If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile now, it probably seems like Fashion Show Mall is the ONLY indoor shopping mall in Las Vegas. It’s not. But it’s pretty much the only one worth mentioning. And, frankly, it’s the only indoor mall where I, personally, shop.
Aside from Fashion Show there is also Meadows Mall (often referred to as Ghettos Mall by the locals), The Galleria at Sunset in Henderson (which is actually a decent mall, but just not in Las Vegas) and The Boulevard Mall. Now Boulevard is actually in a pretty decent shopping district (Maryland Parkway) and near the university, but for the past several years, this compact shopping venue has just been looking shabby and not offered the kind of shopping experience that a fashionista like myself desires.
Well, apparently, that’s all about to change.
The recession is over in Las Vegas! Between The Shops at Summerlin and the revitalization of downtown, the shopping scene in Sin City is making a comeback. And a major renovation of The Boulevard Mall can now be included in this retail rebound.
Plans to restore The Boulevard Mall to its former glory have been approved. Commercial real estate company Sansone Companies is behind the renovation and intends to invest approximately $23-$25 million in the mall’s redevelopment, which will include a new line-up of stores, restaurants and entertainment venues as well as a redesigned exterior and landscape. The changes will take place in several phases and be completed by 2015.
“The Boulevard Mall is renowned in the Las Vegas community, but is in need of major updates to restore its relevancy for today’s consumer shopping experience,” says Roland Sansone, Founder of Sansone Companies. “When we took ownership of the property, we not only saw it as an opportunity to breathe new life into the mall, but to Maryland Parkway as well.”
Originally built in 1965, The Boulevard currently features anchors including Macy’s, Sears, Marshalls, JCPenney and Old Navy, in addition to many other tenants. The improvements to the shopping center will include:
- New Tenants – The Boulevard Mall will announce several new stores, restaurants and family entertainment venues to create a variety of experiences for Las Vegas locals and visitors.
- Farmers Market – The area of the existing south driveway will be transformed into a thriving farmers market featuring approximately 70 vendors. A large children’s playground will also be installed within the space.
- Valet Parking – Once renovations are complete, The Boulevard will feature valet parking for added convenience.
- Free Wi-Fi – The Boulevard Mall will now offer complimentary Wi-Fi service for all visitors.
- Food Court Upgrade – The current food court space will see the addition of several new tenants, as well the installation of four 80-inch plasma televisions broadcasting sports and news.
- Redesigned Exterior – A key component of The Boulevard Mall revitalization will be a brand new façade that faces Maryland Parkway and its corridor. There will be a redesigned entrance including new storefronts, awnings and landscaping, in addition to new modern colors on the exterior.
The Boulevard Mall will remain open throughout its face lift. So if you’d like to shop the mall and experience its ‘before’ prior to the upgrade, shop the mall at 3528 S. Maryland Pkwy.