I could spend hours getting ready. For me, getting dressed, styling my hair, applying my makeup isn’t a chore. It’s a fun, indulgent ritual. Whether it’s for work or play, it doesn’t matter to me. I LOVE getting ready.
But apparently, this joy I get from getting ready isn’t quite so common. In fact, I come across more and more women who find that getting ready is a daunting task. Most women I know are career-oriented or raising a family… or both. To them, getting ready for work, for the day or for a date is a time-sucker.
Even though these always-on-the-go ladies have a lot going on in their lives, they do appreciate looking good and are simply trying to find a way to accomplish creating a well put together look in a matter of minutes. Sound familiar?
Well, I put together a list of tips for getting ready fast while still looking fabulous. Here they are:
1. Organize your closet. Before you can move to a routine of getting ready fast and looking good, you have got to organize your closet. It’s probably easiest to do this by color. That is, you group all your purple stuff together, all your red stuff together, and so on. I, however, prefer to group by categories. All my dresses are grouped together; all my tops are grouped together; and all my pants are grouped together. Find a method that works for you and spend a weekend doing it.
2. Organize your bathroom counter or vanity. Wherever it is that you ready your face, organize that area. I HIGHLY recommend buying and using bathroom counter and cosmetic organizers, like the ones featured below. Find them at The Container Store.
3. Depend on style-helpers. Obviously, you should always keep a load of bobby pins and hair elastics handy, but there are other tools you can use to help you get ready fast and look fabulous. These are my top recommendations:
- Eye Majic – Eye Majic is a sponge applicator that already has your eyeshadow on it. Then you swipe and go. That’s it. You might have to do a little blending, but you can easily accomplish that with your pinky finger in a matter of seconds.
- Goody Simple Styles – I LOVE Goody Simple Styles. The brand features tools for creating a bun, creating a French twist, and creating any other kind of updo hairstyle you’d like. And remember, messy is best. Don’t aim for perfection. A mess updo is a sexy updo. Prices for Goody Simple Styles accessories are in the $6 range.
- Supersmile Teeth Whitening Gum – A pretty smile goes a long way. I don’t have time for teeth whitening systems or strips, but I can pop a Supersmile gum in my mouth while driving to work, which freshens my coffee breath and whitens my teeth.
- The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain – Any product that can be used in more than one way is a style-helper to the lady in a hurry. And at only $14, you can’t afford to not give it a try.