Actress Saoirse Ronan showcased a simple, but stunning, modern Grecian hairdo with elements of gold threading as a back accent at the Golden Globes. Celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gets credit for creating this look.
“I loved how Saoirse’s Yves Saint Laurent dress was both romantic and modern at the same time – I wanted to bring in elements of the sleek, shiny and graphic lines to complete the look,” says Abergel.
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of how you can recreate this hairstyle at home:
- Prep the hair by applying NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousse all over the roots.
- Create the part by following the highest arch in the brow and blow your hair dry with a round brush. Create a very sleek finish to the hair texture by flat ironing the ends.
- Once the hair is shiny and sleek, take the side of your hair with the deep part and tuck it behind the ears for a clean look. Spray with John Frieda Frizz Ease® KeraFLEX™ Flexible Hold Hairspray.
- To start working on the back of the hair, create some criss-crossing cornrow braids just under the ears and wrap the braids with gold thread to add some great architectural lines to the look. Once you have wrapped the braids in gold, go over the back of your hair one more time with a flat iron to ensure a beautiful high finish.
- To complete this look, take the crisscrossed braids and pin them in place over the flat ironed hair to make two lines of gold.
- For the last step and a finishing touch, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease® Expert Finish™ Polishing Serum on the ends.