Did you know that December is the most popular month for getting engaged? It must have something to do with the excitement of the holidays. At any rate, that means a lot of women return to work from their holiday vacations with a ring on their finger and a wedding to plan. Does this include you?
If you can afford to hire a wedding planner, go for it. But if you find yourself having to take control of the situation and be your own wedding coordinator, while also maintaining a busy career, then know that there’s a web-based tool to help you do just that.
My Event is a free online tool from David’s Bridal. Designed to make the wedding planning process not only easy, but fun and interactive, too, My Event takes the best of social media concepts and combines them with a wedding theme twist. Here’s what you can do with it:
- Build your own planning community and connect with your wedding party on an interactive news feed (think Facebook group)
- Create mood boards for creativity and inspiration (think Pinterest)
- Create shopping lists for everyone in your wedding
- Prioritize, assign, and organize your wedding to-do tasks with customized lists
- Manage budgets
- Avoid turning into a “bridezilla”
Okay. I can’t guarantee that last part won’t happen. But chances are that if you’re feeling like you’ve got a handle on the situation, then you’re less likely to have a bridal freakout, right?
Ready to give My Event a try? Just go to www.davidsbridal.com/myevent and set up your big day. Good luck and congratulations!