[Featured above: ASOS Bold Tropical Cutout Suit, $52.19.]
Are you shopping for a swimsuit online? Do you worry about what happens if you have to return it? Shopping for swimsuits is a pretty stressful task; and trying it on before you buy is essential. However, not everyone has the patience to take on this mission in a fitting room. So many of us turn to shopping online. But then we have to worry about the hassle of returning it if we’re unhappy with the fit.
Well, the online shopping experts at STELLAService.com, dubbed “the Zagats of customer service” by CNBC, have compiled a nifty shipping and return policies chart of the top swimsuit retailers. Plus, they’ve also provided some stellar tips for your swimwear shopping below. These tips include:
- Look for free shipping and lenient return policies – Many retailers are offering free shipping and returns, in some cases it may make sense to order several suits and return the ones you don’t want for free. J. Crew is offering free shipping and free returns on all swim styles, all summer long. Nordstrom and ShopBop offer free standard shipping and free returns using the return label included with your order. See Shipping and Returns Chart Below.
- Easy to read size charts – Retailers are doing a better job of providing detailed size charts these days. For example, Nordstrom provides specific measurement instructions: “Bend to one side to find the natural crease of your waist. Measure across at this point.” These measurements can then be applied to size charts sourced from specific designers.
- Ask questions – Customer service representatives are well-trained in the product. And, if they don’t know the answer to the question, they’re often willing to reach out to the manufacturer to find the information you need. STELLAService ELITE rated Saks Fifth Avenue has received particularly high marks in providing friendly support staff with expert product advice, while Nordstrom and Shopbop have also been singled out by STELLAService’s mystery shoppers for knowledgeable support.
- Use the technology – Look for filters that allow you to sort by style, color, size and price to find the perfect product, such as Bloomingdales. Many retailers are also offering video so you can get a better sense of style and fit, such as Asos.
- Take advantage of wide selection – Your choices are endless on the Web. Whether you’re looking for a modest swim dress or a skull and crossbones thong, you can Google your way to your ideal suit. Specialty retailers like SwimSpot and Victoria’s Secret offer hundreds of styles.
For more helpful tips from STELLAService, read the company’s Happy Customer blog.