By Tyler Read
With people in their homes, it is evident that their fitness levels must have dipped drastically. Even worse, the rate at which people engage in unhealthy practices has increased. Therefore, it is common for many people to have gained much belly fat.
The past three to four months have seen the world impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Businesses are on a standstill, and many people are confined in their homes. Generally, there is a lack of activity in the world.
Belly fat is a common condition for both genders. You must have come across people who are said to have ‘pot belly.’ The ‘pot belly’ consists of excess belly fat.
What is belly fat?
Belly fat (medically known as abdominal obesity) is fat that is usually found around a person’s abdomen. There are two kinds of belly fat: the subcutaneous belly fat, which is located under a person’s skin, and the visceral fat, which usually lingers around a human’s organ
The visceral belly fat is quite common and more harmful to humans than the subcutaneous belly fat.
How people develop belly fat
Various unhealthy practices can make someone gain belly fat. Some of them include stress from physical or mental activities, poor diet culture, alcohol, smoking, genetics, inactivity, and lack of exercise.
The dangers of having belly fat
We mentioned earlier that belly fat is harmful, but you probably do not understand its gravity. Belly fat can increase the rate at which a person suffers the following diseases:
- Heart-related diseases
- All kinds of dementia
- High blood pressure
Away with all that scary stuff, we need to proffer solutions for belly fat. There are different ways to overcome belly fat. You can improve your diet by eating nutritious meals and at the right time. You should also avoid eating late.
Besides, your alcohol intake needs to reduce. You cannot afford to continue risking your health with too much alcohol. Instead, take lots of water. Besides, you can take a peep at three healthy living products to keep you on track. You can trick yourself into consuming lots of water.
Furthermore, it would be best if you had quality sleep. Those three to four hours of sleep you do every day won’t cut it for you. They’re merely inadequate, and you need to fix up.
In addition, you need to stop smoking. It is hazardous for your health. However, our primary focus is engaging in regular exercise.
Regular exercise to stop belly fat
Many of us sit in a particular position for a long time. These periods of inactivity can cause serious health problems for a person. It is why you need to engage in regular exercise. The advantages of exercising are numerous, and reducing belly fat isn’t excluded.
Have you wondered how you can reduce your belly fat by engaging in exercise during this pandemic period when you cannot even go to the gym or any fitness center? Not to worry, there are simple routines you can engage in at home. Here are five of them:
Pushups are a very workout routine. Fitness-oriented people engage in pushups frequently, but not many people understand their impact on burning belly fat.
When most people look up the words personal trainer definition, they almost always think about a coach making other people do pushups.
This is because pushups are one of the most commonly used exercises to get into and stay in shape.
It is associated with military fitness routines. To engage in pushups is easy:
- First, you need to lie on your chest, facing downwards. For a start, you can lie entirely and stretch your hands forward.
- Next, place your palms by your side, with your elbows pointing sideways. After doing this, raise your body with your hands.
- Do this continuously, and you’re losing your belly fat sooner than you think.
No, you don’t need a bicycle (for those wondering). All you have to do is mimic pedaling a bike.
- Place a mat on the floor and lie on it with your legs stretched on the floor.
- Place your hands under your head and hold them together with your fingers.
- Lift your dominant leg with your thigh to your knee facing upwards and the rest of your leg in a linear position.
- Outstretch the leg after and lift the other leg to replicate the same action. Do it in turns, and you’re making the bicycle motion.
You might not know it, but walking is an excellent way to burn belly fat. Traditionally, walking is a great way of burning calories. Therefore, when you walk around your compound or street regularly, you’re burning calories and reducing excessive fats in your body.
If you are going for long walks make sure to wear shoes that are comfortable. If you don’t have a super comfy pair you can use shoe insoles to give your feet more support and stability. Finding the correct insole is very easy with online guides from companies like Protalus.
When in a sedentary mood, it is easy for belly fat to settle around your abdomen or under your skin. However, when walking, belly fat cannot settle anywhere. Therefore, it is spread to other parts of the body that deserve fat.
Leg in and out
This is another exercise routine you can engage in to lose your belly fat. Here is how to do it:
- Place a mat on the floor and sit on it.
- Put your hands at your back and let the palms remain flat on the mat.
- Lift both legs and tilt your back a bit. Fold your legs to form the ‘A’ sign. Make sure the knee and thigh parts are close enough.
- Push your body close to your folded legs and away from it sequentially. Do this a couple of times.
- Make sure your hands are not too spread apart from the side of your body.
Jumping jack is another exercise you can engage in at home to get rid of that embarrassing belly fat. To do jumping jack is very easy. It is a drill that can help you stretch daily.
- Lift your hands above your head.
- Spread your legs apart. It shouldn’t be too wide for you to maintain balance.
- While jumping, your hands come together (clapping), and they hit your hips when you spread your legs.
- You can do this exercise repeatedly until you get tired.
When you engage in these five simple workout routines daily, your belly fat is bound to burn, and you’ll achieve good health. Also, you can check out home routines that can help you burn calories.
About Tyler Read
Tyler Read is the owner of ptpioneer.com which is a website dedicated to helping people get started in the personal training industry. He helps people discover, study, and pass their fitness exams. Check out his free videos for the latest trends.