Neiman Marcus Fashion Presentation: Women’s Fall/Winter and Spring 2011
Ken Downing, Senior Vice President/Fashion Director of Neiman Marcus hosted a wonderfully stunning fashion presentation at the Neiman Marcus location at Fashion Show mall here in Las Vegas. Not only were the looks and outfits visually impressive, but Downing himself is entertaining, inspiring and passionate, delivering fascinating morsels of style wisdom and advice. My favorite Ken Downing fashion tips are listed below.
- A structured handbag is a must-carry for Fall/Winter
- When wearing the menswear trend, don’t think of it as “he meets she.” Keep it romantic.
- Olive is a hot color this season
- Downing: “There’s always a reason to wear leopard. Leopard is the new black.”
- Wear ropes and ropes of layers of pearls. And let them get tangled up. Mixing up your good jewelry with your costume jewelry is totally acceptable. In Downing’s words, “Your good pearls want to mix with your faux. It’s like dating a bad boy. Your good jewelry wants to mix with your bad stuff!”
- Fur is a hot trend this season, but Downing recommends going with long hair fur.
- Downing: “If you’re going to go Liza, go all the way.”
- Update an LBD by wearing it with a shoe-boot.
- Downing: “Embrace lace for daytime.”
- Feathers are a must. Downing: “It all about the thrill of the quill.”
And for Spring 2011…
- Corals, pinks and reds are the hottest colors for Spring
- A popular trend for Spring will be the women’s tuxedo jacket
- Don’t be afraid of color mixes, but don’t match your pinks. Keep them in the same color family.
- Go Marrakech for Spring. Think about kaftans for daytime wear. Downing: “I love a kaftan moment. I don’t care if it’s ‘Green Acres’ or Endora on ‘Bewitched.'”
- And, more is more. Downing: “Whoever said that when you get dressed you should take off one thing obviously didn’t work in the fashion industry. I say, get dressed and ADD five things.”
All outfits and accessories can be found at your local Neiman Marcus or online at www.neimanmarcus.com.